I've been trying out lots of new recipes this summer and wanted to share a few of our new favorite snacks. The first is
homemade granola (gluten-free of course :-) found
here. This was super fun to make because I had my little sous chef join in on the action. Great pre-math lesson too, as little man is becoming quite the counter!
 |
| I prepared the ingredients during Judah's nap |
 |
| Chop chop! |
 |
When I told Judah it was time to stir the pan, he said "No mommy, sweep!" You're right, little buddy, "sweeping" the oats around worked out much better :-)
|
 |
| in the oven! |
 |
| Finished product...oh so yummy. |
Another summer favorite has been
Almond Energy Bites found
here or "Energy Balls" as they are affectionately called at our house~recommended by my dear friend Andrea, aka "Isaac's mommy." Judah first tasted one of these at Isaac's house and even though I've made them several times this summer, he still says "Isaac's Mommy" when I give him one. Oh well. I don't have a picture of these because they are gobbled up by the the two men in my house soon after they are made! Gluten-free and great for kiddos with a peanut allergy because they are made with almond butter. (Hint: I use a little less agave nectar than listed or you can substitute honey...both make them not as sweet, which seems to be better. I also substitute dark chocolate chunks for the raw cocoa nibs.)
And lastly, we've been making kale chips to substitute for all of those tortilla chips that are usually consumed by the Nixes. So easy and very delicious!
This is the recipe I use....the olive oil in plastic bag trick is the way to go!
 |
Quite possibly my favorite meal of the summer...
gluten-free basil-pesto BLTs and kale chips.
|
Happy Snacking!
No comments:
Post a Comment