Friday, September 7, 2012

So Long, John (John)

There's no denying I'm a Southern girl. Thus there's no denying my love for all things smocked, embroidered, and monogrammed~especially when they adorn sweet little ones.

As an Alabamian, I know it's not uncommon to see a six year-old dressed in this.

Oh, John-John how I love you. And although they were made popular by this little guy....


Let's face it~ although it sounds stereotypical, it's really just fact that only Southern white boys wear these things in the 21st century.

In DC, you will never find even a 6 month-old in one. So you can imagine the looks we get when our little brown child wears them above the Mason-Dixon line. If I had my way, I'd dress Judah in one everyday, but I refrain and mostly save them for church and other "dressy" functions. The few people who are brave enough to say anything say, "You must be from the South." Why yes, yes I am. And it doesn't matter if Judah's John-John has dump trucks and diggers, the only other comment we receive  is "Well, she's just precious." Time after time. So I'm finally agreeing with my husband that it's time to move-on.

Before we say our final good-byes, let's take a trip down memory lane shall we?


And here's one last photo shoot with Judah wearing perhaps my all-time favorite. Apparently Judah thinks it's time to move on, too. When I put this one on him this week, he said "No likey this." First time I've ever heard him express an opinion for clothes. (Sorry, KK). So I did what every Southern-at-heart Mama would do, I bribed him with baseballs and juice :-)





So long, John! We hope to see you again someday. (Lord, help me if we are ever blessed with a girl :-)



5 comments:

  1. Oh it truly is a sad day when we have to give these up! Judah is precious!
    p.s. we have that same little "children of the world" john john!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ginger, I'm taking a moment to process the lack of John Johns up north...sad. But I totally understand. And if it makes you feel any better, most of my friends with sons say when they turn 3 or 4 their husbands start objecting to their boys wearing john johns. But I agree, Judah sure did look cute sporting his for all those months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it was such fun while it lasted! Judah, we will find something you do "likey!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, isaac gave the up last fall I'm afraid. Steven said no more. And how on earth could anyway think Judah is not THE CUTEST thing in the world with a little jon jon on!!!??? I mean seriously. presh. just presh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe my most favorite post yet! wink I too, am a southern momma with a love of jon jons!!! Andrew, not so much. ha Therefore, Graeme only wears them for special occasions. boo We will always have pictures though! ha

    ReplyDelete