We did not "pass court" today. Our adoption agency called us yesterday afternoon to tell us that the government agency in Ethiopia who reviews our case and submits an opinion to the judge has suddenly decided to not work yesterday, today, and tomorrow due to a holiday. There is a chance they could review our case when they return to work on Thursday, but there is also a chance that they will be too back-logged and we will have to request another court date which could take several more weeks. We'll know more by the end of this week.
Needless to say, we are pretty bummed out around here. We are trying to remain hopeful, but yesterday was a reminder of how fragile and unpredictable this process can be. Seeing our sweet baby's face through pictures every day but not knowing when we will get to meet him in person is very difficult. Please pray for strength, endurance, and patience...as this wait is unlike any other.
So sorry...these things happen with MOWA, hoping for a quick reschedule!
ReplyDeleteOh I am so sorry! I have heard of these type things happening with the court system. Praying that it will all be rescheduled really fast! Can't imagine how hard this is for ya'll! I know God has a perfect plan and timing in this!!
ReplyDeleteI hope your court date gets rescheduled quickly. I know this must be hard for you guys.
ReplyDeleteI am HOPING that you hear good news later this week!!!! Thinking of you!!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you guys and hoping we'll have good news all around by the end of the week! (Tomorrow would be nice...)
ReplyDeleteGirl, I can only imagine how hard this wait is! Ps. 27:13-14 may not be an encouragement, but I pray it is. Sometimes I hate the word 'wait.'
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying for another miracle!! [first miracle- baby Judah himself!] God is able to do immeasurably more! Love you!
Thinking of you and hoping to read good news VERY soon!
ReplyDelete