Monday, July 1, 2013

Addition

Look who finally made her debut....
Josie Kathleen Nix 
June 21st, 2013
6 pounds, 15 ounces/ 20 inches

She is a precious angel and we are in love....and deliriously exhausted! We could not be more grateful for this amazing gift. I'm humbled that the Lord yet again has entrusted us to care for another of His miracles. 

And our first miracle is the best big brother ever! Of course, he has his moments of needing 10 times our attention, now that it's divided, but overall he is doing great. I will never forget the sweet moment in the hospital room when Judah broke the silence and said, "I love you baby Josie" out of the blue from across the room.

He loved that he was watching over her in the hospital :)

Josie Kate was named after three of her great-grandparents. Although she will never have the chance to meet them on this earth, I can only hope she has qualities of them all. My Grandaddy Joe (Joseph) is no stranger to this blog. Funny, energetic, and gracious...we were so close and I love that she will carry part of his name. Ella Jo ("Josie") was my precious Nanny who I spent so much time with during my childhood years. She was compassionate, care-free, and selfless, and I miss her so much. Kathleen is the middle name of Jeff's grandmother...a gentle, kind woman with a servant's heart.

Best of all, we had chosen the name Josie long before I looked up the meaning. My heart stopped when I read it...."the Lord will add." He certainly did.  

6 comments:

  1. Although we've never met I've followed your blog for awhile as a friend of mine's links to it (theparkmanfamily.blogspot.com). My heart skipped a beat when I read the last paragraph about sweet Josie's name. Wow. God is good. All the time. Best wishes (and sleep) to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have followed your blog thru a friend. I have enjoyed reading how amazing our God is. I was so excited to read of Josie's birth. Hope to see more pictures of her and precious Judah. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you and your sweet family, Ginger! The Lord is so good! Josie is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the story behind her name. I love a name with family ties. And then meaning AFTER you picked her name? Well that gave me chills! Congratulations, again. I am so happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ginger!!!! Josie is gorgeous, and I am thrilled for you all!!! Much love and congrats from the Clendenins!

    ReplyDelete