He now jumps off "all by self" without me there to catch him. Too bad I don't have video of this yet. It really was priceless. After jumping off the diving board a few times, he boldly declares as he stands on the edge and points to his chest, "Big Kid!" I know what this means. He does not want mommy to catch him. I give in and off he goes...huge jump, goes way under, comes up smiling and swimming to ladder..."all by self." It's true I tell ya.
Monday, August 13, 2012
Lil Fish
So much to catch you up on...I'll get to it I promise. Tonight I just want to share some evidence that our lil' man went from being quite apprehensive of the pool early this summer to this by the first of August...
He now jumps off "all by self" without me there to catch him. Too bad I don't have video of this yet. It really was priceless. After jumping off the diving board a few times, he boldly declares as he stands on the edge and points to his chest, "Big Kid!" I know what this means. He does not want mommy to catch him. I give in and off he goes...huge jump, goes way under, comes up smiling and swimming to ladder..."all by self." It's true I tell ya.
He now jumps off "all by self" without me there to catch him. Too bad I don't have video of this yet. It really was priceless. After jumping off the diving board a few times, he boldly declares as he stands on the edge and points to his chest, "Big Kid!" I know what this means. He does not want mommy to catch him. I give in and off he goes...huge jump, goes way under, comes up smiling and swimming to ladder..."all by self." It's true I tell ya.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my goodness, He is so brave!! Don't you love the look on their face when they do something for the first time?! It's the best.
ReplyDelete