Sunday, August 19, 2012

Fun in Bama!

The first week in August gave us the much anticipated summer trip to Alabama...back to my hometown to visit family and friends. Although these trips are now much more expensive (thanks to a little someone turning 2 and needing his own seat on the plane) I must say that this self-proclaimed "big kid" is quite the airplane passenger~making flights a little easier. Can you tell he was excited to board?!

waiting to board the plane while flying his own
One of my favorite things about visiting is getting to see Judah with his cousins, Marlee and Maggie...or as Judah sometimes affectionally calls them "Margie," as one unit of course :-) Not sure if the highlight of this trip was visiting the zoo....

Or celebrating Marlee's 8th birthday...

I think the birthday party wins out because of this...

It's safe to say he enjoyed himself.

We also visited with lots of old friends. So special for me~and pretty cool for Judah, too, as they all brought along their kiddos. Here is a shot of most of us (a few didn't make the picture) after a fun day at my parents' pool. And yes, after one too many cookies and a few too many hours past his nap time I just couldn't get Judah to hold it together for the pic. Next time, buddy.


And one of my college besties, Brooke, visited another day. Judah had so much fun swimming with Sawyer.
And we finally got to meet Sawyer's precious baby brother, Ben Fischer! My niece was quite the babysitter, too ;-)

I'm pretty sure every other second of the trip was spent in the pool with this cool kid, my very own Olympic swimmer.


It was a great, action-packed trip and I think we're finally caught up on sleep. Yay! In the words of J-man anytime we leave a place, "See you next time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment