Saturday, September 15, 2012

The First of Many

Tuesday, September 11th, 2012, was Judah's inaugural school experience. I'm still staying home with full-time job of Mommy, so we debated sending him to "school" at all. But he was so ready....with a thirst for learning, routine, and meeting new friends. And this Mommy uses the 6 hours each week to get lots of things done and even (gasp) devoting some time to myself (reading, going to the gym, etc). It is fab.

I was anticipating tears from both Mommy and Judah...but there were none. Just curiosity on Judah's part; peace on Mommy's part. And excitement and smiles from both :-) He truly did great and his school attendance just reinforces his own proclamation of his "big kid" status. (sigh).

Exploring the playground on Orientation Day
Looking cool with "Safety Sammy" 
Early morning picture time on the first day
Yes, he wants to be an astronaut when he grows up. However, this is also what he wants to be for Halloween.
Maybe he was slightly confused by my question ;-)
And we're off!
Obsessed with his backpack.
And he remembered (from orientation day) exactly where to hang it when he entered the room.
Washing hands with his teacher.
Ready to explore!
Bye-bye Mommy, I got this ;-)
Perhaps his favorite part of the day..."Two special treats,!" he kept saying when I picked him up.
Bagel and a juice box. Couldn't be happier. 
The first of the first was a success! Here's to 14+ more years! 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great first day. And don't you dare feel bad about having 6 hours to yourself. It's good for everyone! School is just so much for kids, at least that has been my experience. I hope he makes great friends and learns a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad he had such a great first day!! I can't believe how big our boys are getting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for both of you!! He's so handsome!

    ReplyDelete