If you hadn't figured it out just yet, today is a very special day for our family. There are many important dates documented throughout our adoption journey: the day we received our "referral;" the day we "passed court;" the day we completed paperwork through the US Embassy (which is actually our agency's date for our official "placement day)." However, the day that means the most to us is the day we saw Judah's face for the first time and held our precious little 15 pound miracle. You can read more about it here if you missed it. :-) The day was July 20th, 2010, and we will forever commemorate this day.
Since Judah understands much more language than he did at this time last year, we are revealing more about that special day. We're showing him pictures and talking about what a special time it was for us in Ethiopia to hold him for the first time, and how God orchestrated a miracle that day when he made the three of us a family. I think he's starting to get it. And I just love that he wants to look at this picture all the time, while smiling and pointing~"Mommy." "Daddy." "Judah."
Last July 20th, we filled Judah's day with two of his favorite things....swimming and cookies. Well, it was actually his first taste of a real cookie so they quickly became one of his favorite things :-) So far today this year, we've been to music class with his buddies (a favorite of his) and had a lunch date~just the two of us....at Qdoba....a very happy place for Judah...even happier today because I let him have lemonade as his drink. I know, crazy, right?!
Tonight, we will all celebrate at DC's best Ethiopian restaurant and top it off with his new favorite treat...
Stay tuned for pics of the weekend, as we're also attending a nearby Ethiopian festival on Sunday. Happy Friday everyone, and Happy Judah Day!

Yay!! Happy Judah Day!! What a beautiful photo and frame!!
ReplyDeleteGinger, I think I cry every time I see that picture of you reaching out to Judah for the first time. AHH... such a beautiful moment to capture on film! Happy Judah day to all of you!
ReplyDeleteHooray for Judah Day!!!! What a special time for you, especially as he begins to understand! He is such a blessing!
ReplyDeleteSo precious! I just love that picture in the frame. Your face says it all. :)
ReplyDelete