Tuesday, July 17, 2012

All Done Lazy

"All done nap!" (often heard through the monitor when a little someone awakes)
"All done hurt!" (when Judah realized I was feeling better and could pick him up again after my surgery)
"All done work!" (when Jeff walks through the door in the evening)

Judah is applying "all done" to many things now, so when I thought of the title of this post "All Done Lazy" immediately came to mind. Since my lazy summer days post, it seems that we've been anything but. Hopefully, that will explain my lack of posts :-) This post is a sad attempt to catch you up with pics from my iPhone~since I hardly ever remember to take my "real" camera to places anymore.

First of all, DC has been HOT. All of my friends in the South who think I'm always "cooler" way up here~think again.
When I first started the car on this day, it said 109! 
It was during this time that DC experienced a terrible storm and we were without power for three days. We stayed at our place for the first two nights but it quickly became unbearable with no AC and 100 degree temps. We thankfully were invited to stay with dear friends who had power for the final night...such as huge blessing! Oh, and did I mention we haven't had AC in our Jeep (our only car) since May 29th....not that I'm counting the days or anything ;-)  It's currently at the shop getting repaired, but for the past month or so we've been strolling a lot of places because our car has been too hot. Most trips begin like this....
But end like this....

Judah is still loving all things sports. He began a summer soccer series~another with Coach John , but his favorites these days seem to be golf, which he sometimes calls "hockey." Don't worry, this will be corrected :-)

....and baseball (still).

We began a summer music class with Miss Patti again, too. Although he hadn't been to this particular class since December, he totally remembered and is loving it.

We've also been spending lots of time with our "besties."
At the Zoo with Gabriel
Having Marilyn over for dinner

And of course, there was July 4th~when Judah experienced his first ever parade.



...as well as his first fireworks...DC is a great first place for this :-)

And finally, our little man got a haircut. I absolutely love it! He looks adorable and it's so much easier~and definitely better for him in this heat! However, I do miss his curls and he looks soooo much older (sniff, sniff).  These are the only pictures I have post-haircut, but I promise there are much more to come!



Where is my "lazy" summer going?! And better yet, where have the past 2 years gone?! It was this very night exactly two years ago when I couldn't sleep~due to excitement and anticipation~because we were to board a plane to Ethiopia the very next day. Can't wait til Friday when we celebrate the anniversary of the day we became a family. For now, it's night-night time for me. "All done blog!"

1 comment:

  1. All done hurt!! is my favorite! awww :)
    He is such a handsome little guy. I love all that he's into and I know he keeps you busy, busy, BUSY! OH my!
    Hope that AC is fixed now as you read this. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete