Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Glimpse of Heaven

Tuesday, July 20th, 2010
Although Jeff and I slept a combined total of 4 hours the previous night, we have never felt more awake....the adrenaline was flowing! The feelings I felt the morning I met my son were excited yet peaceful. Here I am waiting for the moment to meet precious Judah, looking toward the door...if you look closely you can see the outline of a smile :-) 

Again, I wasn't really nervous until I saw the gate of our guest house open and someone said that our sweet baby was in this car...my heart was pounding! 

For years I've tried to imagine what my reaction would be when I met my child for the first time. Those who know me well might think I would cry a river, but somehow as the moment drew nearer I had a feeling I may not cry. Instead, I was all smiles and just in awe. I love that we have that moment captured...

But don't be fooled, seconds after I held him a few tears began to flow....gentle, happy tears. I honestly can't describe the first moment when I hugged him tightly. It's as if all of my stress, unrest, and worry from the past several years was washed away immediately. It's like the world stopped just for that moment, and the peace I felt was like a glimpse of heaven.  

Judah immediately noticed his daddy and just couldn't stop looking at him. It was the sweetest!

 My heart then melted when Jeff held him for the first time. 

 It's truly amazing how he immediately loved his daddy. This was moments after Jeff first held him...

 Mommy got smiles as well! 

 We will forever celebrate this day, July 20th, the day our family was FINALLY united! 

Faithfulness springs forth from the earth and righteousness looks down from heaven. ~Psalm 85:11


8 comments:

  1. What a happy boy! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a beautiful moment! I am so glad that ya'll captured it! I can't even imagine the moment we will hold Caroline Faith like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love the video! how sweet for you all to have that moment!
    -Renae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginger and Jeff, Beautiful is the only word that comes to mind - the story, the pictures, the video - all of it. We are so unbelievably happy for you all.

    The Parkers

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO AMAZING! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A glimpse of heaven...I love that!

    Thank you for sharing your first moments with Judah with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got such wonderful pictures of your first moments together! He just looks so sweet and happy! Thank you for sharing your pictures and emotions with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ginger and Jeff-
    He is a beautiful, beautiful little boy! Praise the Lord he is yours!!! I love to see his little smile and his little face. kisses to Judah!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete