Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sopper

I never thought it would happen so soon, but I am officially a soccer mom (or "sopper mom," as Judah says). Yep, every Wednesday afternoon Judah has "soccer class" with Coach John at one of our local parks. (Coach John needs no last name; he is famous with the pre-schoolers in the DC community). Judah will miss class (again) this afternoon due to not feeling well, so I thought I'd at least blog about it.

Some people think I'm crazy when they hear that he already "plays soccer." But let's be honest~there are no games involved, no one is keeping score, and it provides twenty minutes of energy-releasing entertainment for several 2 year-olds and their mamas. I was a little skeptical myself at first, but I was hooked from the very first class. It provided a sneak peak at Judah's enthusiasm and love for all things sports, and I was so impressed with how well he listened and followed directions.

We arrived a little early (shocking), so Judah was able to see the older kids' class in action. He was soaking everything in and waiting patiently for his turn. (Winter attire clarification: these pics were taken the second week in April when it was still quite chilly in DC).

As soon as the older class cleared, Judah ran out to claim his spot. 

I'm ready Coach John!

First activity: kicking over the orange cones. This was a hit with Judah.

Although he paused for a bit so his ball could wear a hat :-)

He was such a big helper. Here he is assisting Coach Jamie with picking up the cones. 

Next, it was "red light, green light," running toward the goal. Judah is a little speedster.

Where is everybody?!

Finally, it was time to run and kick the ball all the way in the goal. Look at that focus!

Our coordinated kicker.


Who knows? Judah may one day want to trade in the sopper ball for the trombone or perhaps a paintbrush, but for now he is having ball ;-)

3 comments:

  1. We love that he loves "sopper." We love his enthusiasm, and we just plain love HIM! Praying Judah feels better soon--missing out on all the fun and being sick is NOT fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, this post is ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite picture- Judah running with a smile on his face!!!! Oh sweet boy! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete