A few weeks ago, Judah and I spontaneously joined my parents and my Granddaddy Joe in Destin, Florida...my most beloved beaches, where I spent almost every summer of my youth. Unlike our last beach trip when Judah seemed oblivious to the water and sand around him, this time he could not get enough! See the evidence in the pictures :-)
| First time he steps foot in the ocean :-) |
| Tossing sand! |
| Loving the sand toys |
| Cheezin' with Mommy |
Second to playing in the sand and ocean was chasing the seagulls. He thought it was hilarious!
It was difficult explaining why they kept running and didn't want to play with him, though!
My Little Beach Model
He even found some time for some beach yoga. Downward Dog on the sand is the best :-)
Rivaling the beach for his most treasured spot is anywhere he is surrounded by rocks....including around the condo's air conditioning unit! Have I told you how much this boy is obsessed with rocks?!
One night we visited Baytown Wharf and although there were no rocks, there was plenty of dancing as it was the night of the Sandestin Music Festival. Our little man gets serious when he dances.
I wish I would have spanned out a little in the picture, but can you tell that everyone surrounding him on the lawn turned around to take a peak at his "skills?!"
It was here that Judah also experienced his first carousel ride. Sort of...
As you can see, after one time around he jumped into my arms never to get back on the horse again. Okay, maybe it was a little to early??!
Judah also enjoyed breaking it down with Granddaddy Joe one morning to a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse tune!
So grateful for these two to spend time together!
The seafood we ate was delicious! Well, just Mommy experienced the seafood but I know once Judah is old enough he will love it! As most of you know, going out to eat with a toddler is always interesting and MESSY! His new interest is "dipping." We left the restaurant one night with a hair full of honey mustard...fun!
| Pre-honey mustard |
| Lovin it! |
| Surely, this will make a good conditioner?! |
All in all, it was a super fun trip. Thank you KK and K-Pop for very memorable Florida fun!
He is A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E!!!! I miss you, Ginger! I hope you guys are doing well and enjoying D.C.!
ReplyDeleteOh Ginger, he's a hoot! I love the honey mustard 'do! Funny! So glad you got to break away to the Emerald Coast! It's the best place to be...in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great trip! :)