1. You love, love, love your "Dada." You constantly talk about him during the day when he is at work and get SO excited when he comes home. I've never seen a smile so big :-) You especially love when Dada "wrestles" with you, and Dada told me that he loves that you like to "rough-house."
2. We have lots of nicknames for you, the most prominent being "J-man" and "Judah-Bean." You are very aware of these names and respond to them quickly :-)
3. You have recently begun to engage in "pretend play" and it is the CUTEST! For example, you always hold the phone (and other electronic devices) up to your ear (and by the way, it's always "Dada" who's calling). You use your toothbrush to brush your stuffed animals' teeth. You also "brush their hair" and give them their milk. The best is when you pretend something is your spray-on sunscreen or spray-in hair product. Your sound effects when pretending to spray these items are priceless.
4. Speaking of play, you stinkin' love the playground/park that is near our new home. (I, too, admit that it's great!) You are FEARLESS and want to be just like the big kids. You even climbed up the largest slide only to then go down by yourself. Sliding is your favorite and I love that you say "wee" in anticipation!
5. You have a love-hate relationship with bath time. A few weeks ago, you were not a fan and wanted to get out as quickly as possible. Now, it is near impossible to get you out. You just stay in the tub and play, even when there is no water.
6. You have the same history with reading books. When you first began to walk, you really wanted nothing to do with reading because it confined you. I'm happy to report that you now currently love to read and will even independently pick out books from your bookshelves, and sit in your chair to "read." I hope it stays this way :-)
8. On that note, you still LOVE to dance and your skills are really improving. Your new favorite music obsessions are Bob Marley and anything Bluegrass. However, sometimes you just dance to music in your head that is silent to those around you. I know you are just "feelin' it" when you start dancing to silence. I love that you dance on demand when I simply say "Break it Down, Judah." You are really staying true to your Northern Ethiopian roots, as the people of Mekele are known for their dance moves!
9. There is no way to describe the love you have for Shasta. Not that you need reminding, but everyone else may: "Shasta the Sheep" is your soft, cuddly "lovey" that you nap with and always love on. We have a rule that Shasta lives in your crib and doesn't leave your room. You are okay with this rule, but Shasta is no doubt your best friend. See for yourself.
10. You really enjoy the swimming pool and think you can swim with no floating devices. You sometimes get upset when Mama or Dada won't let you go freely in the pool. To help remedy this problem, your Mama has enrolled you in swim classes and we start in a few weeks. I think you will be a pro :-) And since you love the water so much, we also just bought you a water table. You have no idea how much fun we're going to have with this thing!
13. You are also not a huge fan of the stroller these days...at least initially anyways. You just don't like being confined/strapped in. So if you are abruptly placed in your stroller with no warning(s), you get really mad. We are working on this :-)
14. You still LOVE to climb. You try to climb up pretty much every piece of furniture, including your crib and high chair. And just this week as I briefly turned my back to load the dishwasher, you climbed all the way up on the kitchen table!
15. You are ALL. BOY. You think that all gross things are hilarious~ including burps, hiccups, flatulence, and nose-picking. Here is proof .
Dear Judah,
Your father and I could clearly go on and on about how much we love you, while listing all of the fabulous things about you. However, words could never capture the enormous amount of joy we have in our hearts just knowing that you are our son. You are such a treasured gift from Above, and we are honored to be your parents and watch you grow.
With all our heart, Mama and Dada

Ginger he is the cutest!!!!! That precious face....I know he must make you melt all day long!
ReplyDeleteLove the update. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was one of the few shows that Libby would watch when she was younger and it's still her favorite now! I can't tell you how many times I've caught myself humming, "Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog..."
ReplyDeleteHad so much fun reading this Ginger! Wish we were around to see Judah and you guys more often. I was really laughing at the dancing. Will is always dancing and also has music in his head that will cause him to spontaneously dance.
ReplyDeleteAngel
Oh. My. Shasta.
ReplyDeleteI don't have the words.
Priceless.
I love hearing how your sweet little boy is growing up! Our little boy loves the water too! I'll be excited to see pics of Judah swimming!!
Also- I love your nicknames! Judah Bean! :)