Friday, May 27, 2011

Nomads

* Disclaimer: This post is a pity-party. Be assured that I know we are blessed; just need to vent.

Lately, life has been action-packed and fun, but difficult too...which is why I haven't been doing much blogging.  Let me give you the skinny in a very simplistic way because my brain hurts...Judah's too, apparently.

We sold our home in March. This was a good thing. We do not move to DC for Jeff's new job until the end of June and we had no place to go. This was a bad thing. A blessing came along and we were able to stay together as a family for 5 weeks in Chapel Hill in a beautiful home while the owners were on a mission trip to Africa~great thing! The owners came back from their trip; Judah and I have been traveling (without Jeff!) to visit friends and family ever since~good & bad. In the past month, I've been in Murray, KY; Louisville, KY; Cincinnati, OH; Nashville, TN; and Washington DC. We're briefly back in Chapel Hill, NC, to see Jeff, but only to leave him again in a few days for two more weeks of travel. Lots of driving. Lots of flying. Lots of sleeping in different beds. All to save money while waiting for Jeff to complete residency and for us to find a place to live in DC (which definitely deserves its own blog post and will get it as soon as the mission is complete). And yes, Judah has been along for the ride. He is all over the place and into everything; getting his molars (delightful); and I've had the stomach flu (thankfully, Judah was spared.) Overall, Judah has done great and we've cherished sweet moments with friends and family. However~ We are tired. We are weary. We miss Jeff. And we long to be a happy family of THREE (plus Allie-dog) in ONE place.
Bottom-line, extended visits with friends and family are great but I do not recommend continuous nomadic living with a toddler sans the toddler's father. This mama is worn. out. But this face keeps me going....

3 comments:

  1. I am super impressed that you are still standing! Seriously. We took a trip in March and one in May and just that made me swear off travel for a while! At least any travel that requires a plane ride. I even think we have decided not to go on our annual trip to New Mexico this year just because of the stress of traveling with a toddler. That picture of Judah is seriously cute. AND, next time you go to Cincinnati you must let me know. It is only a two hour drive for me. :) Hope you guys can be settled soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ginger! Being sick with a little one is awful!!! I'm so thankful he didn't get the stomach bug. And I'm thankful that much of the busyness is behind you now and hopefully one day SOON the 3 of you will be together under one roof! (4- sorry Allie)
    And I cannot stop staring at Judah's sweet, sweet smile! OMGosh he is just adorable. Kiss him for me!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine. Traveling on vacation is tiring enough to me - and that's just a week or so at a time!

    ReplyDelete