dream big.
That's exactly what we did 8 years ago when we had a conversation about adopting before we were married. We knew the day would come... and today is the day. Bags are packed, home is (somewhat) in order, and nursery is ready...yet the reality still feels somewhat like a dream. People keep telling us we don't know how much our life is about to change. This is true. And because we know this is true, we've been intentionally spending extra quality time together as a couple...to remember, to celebrate, and to keep dreaming. I LOVE the almost 10 years we've had together as just us, and in some ways I don't want that to change. However, the words of my ever-so-positive husband keep ringing in my ear..."Judah will make us even better. Our love will grow even deeper...for him, for each other, for the world, and for God. Trust me, we'll like ourselves better as parents...we're ready for this." Man, I love my husband....and I love that God has brought us to this place. We are humbled by His blessings and that He has asked us to care for His own.
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18
Thanks to everyone who has, is, and will continue to pray for us. We leave today and return to the states July 27th. We ask that you pray for safe travels, good health, lots of smiles, and that God would reveal Himself more to us while in Ethiopia. We'll try to update the blog while we're there, but we can't guarantee. Blessings and many thanks!
Wow! It's time! Have a wonderful trip, and may God draw you even closer to His heart, revealing more of Himself to you while you're in Ethiopia!
ReplyDeletePraying for ya'll!! He is ADORABLE by the way...i'm am so excited for you both! Can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful time there.
ReplyDeleteSafe Travels, I can't wait to see a pic of you guys holding your son!!!!! And huge thanks for loving on our little guy too:)
ReplyDeleteBrenda
Yes! Dream big!! By His grace and for His glory! Can't wait to kiss those sweet cheeks!!
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray for y'all and can't wait to read all about it (and see lots of pics!) when y'all get back!
ReplyDeleteOh, he is just so precious!!! So excited that ya'll are going to bring him HOME!! Amazing!! Will be praying for ya'll!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! I'll be praying for all three of you! Can't wait to read all about it!
ReplyDeleteJeff is SO right, every single word! You are so ready, and you will love your life way more than you even knew was possible! Being a parent, being a "MOM" is the single best thing, EVER! I am SO happy and SO excited for you!!!!!!!!!! We are KEEPING y'all in our prayers! And I can't wait to get word that you all are home, all 3 of you, one BIG HAPPY FAMILY!!!!! I love you! AND, I LOVE those sweet, sweet cheeks! I cannot wait to lay my own kisses on them!!!!
ReplyDelete