Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Party All Week

*Warning: Picture Overload*

I say it this time every year...I love birthdays. Thus, my little man gaining another year gave me a great excuse for all of us to celebrate for an entire week in March!

One of Judah's new favorite treats is donuts. So Jeff and I took him out to breakfast on his actual birthday for a birthday donut. Lucky for Judah, they still had leftover St. Patty's Day donuts so he got to enjoy a chocolate-glazed donut with GREEN icing.





We then headed over to DC's new National Children's Museum. As you can see, Judah thought it was pretty cool.
Making a pizza 
Having fun with letters
Learning the concept of pulleys and gears

After our fun at the museum, we all had a lunch date at a nearby hot dog joint (again, Judah's request...he enjoys the healthy foods you know :) I should mention here that Judah's actual birthday was on a Monday. Jeff is a very busy daddy but he took the morning off from work so he could spend Judah's special morning with us. Yeah, my husband rocks. I should also mention here that it snowed that morning. A nice surprise birthday gift for Judah, but this mommy wasn't exactly wanting snow in mid-March.

Later that evening, we had a (semi) quiet (and again, totally unhealthy) evening at home with pizza, cupcakes, and Toy Story.


The  next morning, we had a little birthday party for Judah at his school. I took our play firehouse and had fire hats and cupcakes for the kids. They had a blast putting out fires all morning. Thankful for J's energetic and patient teachers!

I now give you DC's most heroic fire chief in action :)

Hard at work with his best friend, Henry
Hard a play with his best friend, Henry :)
Time for cupcakes!
He's getting good at this
"Hey Mom! Can we do this every time at school?!"
The following Saturday was his official birthday party. Both sets of grandparents came for the big day/weekend, which made it extra special! Judah chose a "gardening" theme for his party this year. Interesting, huh? We don't garden. In fact, we don't even have a yard. There are a few plants/flowers in our little condo, but they're all pretty much dead thanks to my not-so-green thumb. However, one of Judah's favorite books is about gardening and the day I happened to ask him about his future birthday party plans a few months ago, we read that book. So I'm assuming that's where he got the idea. I took it and ran with it because I figured we'll have plenty of super-hero themed parties ahead of us :) Here is what we came up with:

Favor preparations....A Coloring Book about Seeds/Plant Growth and a magnifying glass for spying bugs in the garden.


Can you tell Judah was excited about his special day?!

We reserved a space in a local park...


We dug for bugs in the sand....
No, we did not plan for Judah and Gabriel to match...I promise!

We planted flowers for the kids to take home.....



We opened gifts....



And had lots of yummy bug/garden-themed treats...
Butterfly crackers, Mini-garden cups, and "dirt cake"
Enjoying "muddy milk" & ladybug apples
Silly with gummy worms

It was a wonderful celebration (all week long)! Wishing my little love-bug a very special YEAR 3!




2 comments:

  1. Cute theme, Ginger! Great ideas on the garden and bug stuff. Judah seemed to enjoy his (many) birthday celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the bug and garden theme. Totally awesome!! YAY for week long celebrations of birthdays. He is just getting cuter and cuter! Happiest of Bday wishes to sweet J!!

    ReplyDelete