Monday, March 18, 2013

Three


One, two, THREE~how can it be?! I honestly can't believe that my baby boy is three years old today. The boy he is becoming makes me so proud and grateful. However, I cried like a baby last night as I tucked him in bed, simply because I can't believe how fast he is growing up right before my eyes. We had such a sweet moment of him requesting "one more song"..."Jesus Loves Me, please mommy." The way he was snuggled in my lap mimicked the cradling position of a baby, yet his long, strong body draped excessively over the arm of the chair. He gently reached his hand up to stroke my face, then ended with a soft kiss on my cheek as I was singing that one last song. I just couldn't hold it together as I realized that was his last night as a 2 year-old.

Happy 3rd birthday to the most precious gift I've ever received. You are Mommy's heart.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Judah! Can't believe you are already 3 years old! xoxo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand! Such bittersweet emotions us mommas go through. Happy Birthday, Judah! There's so much to see and learn out there. :)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, J!!! Even though LB has been 3 for a few months it's still weird to me when he tells people that he's 3. I want to him correct him and tell him that he's 2. Hope you all have a fun day together! How is J's sleeping going? I hope you are getting some rest!

    ReplyDelete