Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lazy Summertime

Knock. Knock. Anybody home?! Oh, we're home alright! Not doing much of anything....but not really by choice. I recently had gynecologic surgery. I won't bore you with the details but overall, the surgery went well and my prognosis is good. However, recovery has been a BEAR! I'm still very sore and getting around much like a turtle. The worst is that I can't lift anything over 10 pounds....my heart ACHES every time Judah asks me to hold him/pick him up. I miss it so. I still get snuggles, though :-)


We are VERY thankful for KK and Grandma for visiting DC and helping out. Judah is getting lots of LOVE. Speaking of love, have I mentioned lately how much I love this man?


Yep, that's my sweet husband in the bathtub with Judah a few nights ago. Grandma got Judah some squirt guns and it was Jeff's idea to hop right in and have a water war. Judah thought this was the best thing since sliced bread (and he LOVES bread). He's still talking about it and will randomly look at me and say "Daddy in bath with Judah" and start cracking up.
Elmo and Cookie became targets :-)
Jeff really is the best Daddy ever. I really wish we could have celebrated him more on Father's Day (especially considering last year), but this is really what went down.

Look familiar?

In some ways, these lazy summer days have been a blessing. Mommy is catching up on rest/sleep and just enjoying "vegging out" most of the time....and watching way too many episodes of House Hunters and Ellen.  And Judah is spending precious time with his grandmothers. Thanking God for family, health, and happiness :-)

5 comments:

  1. So glad your surgery went well. I hope your recovery speeds up! And can I just say again how much I LOVE your banner photo! It is amazing of all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! It reminds me of how much our children just need us! It's so cool to see how 'present' Jeff is with Judah! What a joy for you three! I hope you feel better soon and in the meantime soak up those snuggles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the surgery went well and I hope you start to feel like yourself again soon. I had a minor procedure before LB came home and I can't imagine doing it with a little one. So glad you have such wonderful family to help and support you!! thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginger, I didn't know you were going to have surgery. I hope you are feeling better soon. I certainly can relate, as I also recently had surgery, it's no fun to be down and have to take it easy. I hope your pain is tolerable and you're back to your old self soon. And yes, it's so hard not being able to lift/hold our children. Libby doesn't quite understand why I can't do the things I once could.

    Thank goodness for great family, huh? Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're on your way to 100%! I didn't know about your surgery, but I'm thankful it went well and you're able to rest and recuperate. Wish I could drop by a yummy treat for you, but sending virtual hugs instead. <3

    ReplyDelete