Friday, April 13, 2012

#3 with the Geer's

Meet Amy.
She's on the right...so many people confuse us as sisters. While she is not my sister biologically, I sure do love her like one. God brought her into my life August 2007 while working in Greensboro, NC, and although we've been friends less than 5 years~sometimes it feels like I've known her for a lifetime. She was a tremendous friend as I suffered heartache while trying to expand our family, and one of my biggest cheerleaders who prayed Judah home. Thus, it was so neat to see the Lord make us mothers of boys only a few months apart. We are blessed.

This was our third beach trip with the Geer's. The first (pre-kiddos) = staying up late, sleeping in late, more margaritas, lots of card games and Wii, loud fireworks, and doing whatever we pleased, clearly...

The second trip, while still tons of fun, was drastically different, as we were new moms with a 4 month-old and 7 month-old. This trip included VERY little sleep, lots of spit-up, more coffee, too many minutes of "new mom talk," and pacis on the beach?!
Cannot believe how little our two munchkins were here (notice Carson is not even sitting up independently) so I can't help but insert this comparison now...

They had so much fun playing together and needless to say this trip with toddlers was also different!

I'd like to think they remembered each other...
"holding feet" on the beach in 2010

 but they became fast friends regardless. 
holding hands in 2012
This time around, our beach trip included....

A trip to the aquarium

Lots of beach time!

I'm not sure who had more fun playing in the sand...Judah or Jeff?

And Judah even got to fly a kite for the first time! 


And perhaps the coolest was our Easter Egg Hunt on the beach. It was beautiful and so much fun! Gotta run, so I guess the Hunt is going to get its own post. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Judah's hat is the cutest!
    Looks like you all had a blast!!! How fun! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete