While we are not officially potty training, we are having a little fun with the potty. When Judah's Granma heard we wanted to introduce a potty, she shipped us one...thanks Granma! When I told one of my friends that a potty was on its way to us via mail delivery, she told me about this book...
The plot?
No joke, Joshua's grandmother sends him a big present. And you'll never guess what's inside ;-)
I promise we did not plan this, but I thought it was perfect! So I ordered the book (obviously) and we read it to Judah before giving him the "big present" from Granma.
| excuse the paci, it was late and we were having molar issues. |
Sit Daddy!
Stand Daddy! Don't worry, it can also be used as a stool and of course he figured that out right away!
So far, it's mostly just been an item of interest around here, a new toy if you will. We're not pushing anything or conducting any structured potty activities. Judah did, however, poo poo in the potty last week and we certainly celebrated! But I think it will be a while before that happens again. Judah didn't seem too thrilled. Oh, and we have had a few of these...Many more to come I'm sure!
In other news, a little someone also got a hair cut recently. Wouldn't you agree he needed one?!
I mean, I love his long curls (ahem, 'fro) and all, but it was just getting a little too unruly for this mama to handle! So off to the African barber shop we go, thanks to a suggestion from my online adoption community :-) Let me paint the picture for you....We head to a barber shop with all Ghanian barbers that we hear is very family friendly. Judah falls asleep in the car on the way there. He is immediately seated and the old African grandfatherly-figure gets to work with the clippers. We shove a sucker in Judah's mouth (don't judge) and all is going well....
Until Judah fully wakes up from his little cat nap in the car and realizes that his head is surrounded by scissors and has just been picked out fully (dry!). The screaming commences and that was all she wrote. No pictures or videos after this one...we were too busy comforting our traumatized child. Fortunately, the barber was great and finished up quickly.
We like the length but I promise, his hair has been frizzy ever since. Since complaining about this to all of our friends of color, we have since learned that we should not have taken him to an African barber shop unless we wanted all his hair cut off. "They buzz, not style." Oh well. Apparently, we need to take him to a Dominican barber shop?! Luckily, we live in DC and this is available :-) Oh and anyone reading this, we are currently taking product/styling advice until we can visit the Dominicans. We've used the following products: Curly Q, Mixed Chicks Kids, Carol's Daughter, and Palmer's Olive Oil. A combination of a few of these products are getting us by, but this mama still isn't happy.
Here is his new shorter 'do...and a preview of his fun second birthday bash! Until next time...
Personally, I like the unruley look! Can't you tell from my own child's hair! I say let it go and have fun with it ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd Happy Belated Birthday Judah!!! :)