Friday, February 10, 2012

"Happy Day"

When you've been married almost 10 years, you learn to ask your beloved about their birthday expectations...especially when their birthday falls during the middle of the week. For his birthday this year, Jeff requested a nice evening "birthday party" at home with the three of us....no sitter, no fancy dinner at a restaurant, no extravagant vacation (that actually never happens)....just us in our (very) cozy condo. He also requested pizza and a cake (like I was not going to get him a cake).

This year, it was fun to have Judah's "help." Together, we picked out birthday cards, birthday balloons (he chose an Elmo balloon in the shape of a heart for Daddy), and decorated our place with balloons and other fun things. I think Judah is starting to "get" (and really enjoy) birthdays. Between two of his friends' birthdays in January and his Daddy's birthday this week, he's starting to learn to say "Happy Birthday" to others (well, it sounds more like a muddled "Happy Day"). He sometimes even says it to people who are not having birthdays...hey, maybe he's just wishing them a happy day :-)

Here are some highlights of our very own happy day this week. Judah and I are both so happy for Jeff's birth and his life. I'm honored to be his wife and love that I share the gift of parenting Judah with this man. Here's to many more, honey!

The birthday boy!

Birthday pizza! Notice how Judah did not wait for Jeff to blow out the candles.
Make a wish!
Judah had to make a wish, too!
After bath, Judah had fun playing with two of his favorite things...balloons and Daddy's umbrella ("breya"). 



Then someone got very sleepy...but he's still staying dry ;-)
Happiness all around! We love birthdays!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the shot of Judah digging into his pizza while Jeff poses for his picture. Delicious pizza waits for no man! And I feel much better knowing Dr. Nix enjoys the occasional pizza and cake, too. I shall have some sometime soon, you know, since the doctor is okay with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom shall also have some soon. Actually I had some pizza last week, UDI crust, a little tomato sauce, and Kroger now has veggie cheese. It was tasty--very tasty for a woman who hasn't had good pizza in ten years. I really was very sad that I missed this day, but so glad that the celebration was good. I hope there are many more and that I get to participate in some of the celebrations. Sending lots of love to three people I love very much there in the big city of DC.

    ReplyDelete