Women with successful careers of production manager, teacher, and psychologist~ temporarily put on hold to stay-at-home and raise these lil munchkins....
| "Why are you stopping us from play at our Christmas party?!" |
Two topics of conversation that seemed to frequently arise among the mamas were how we longed for "breaks"~both refreshing breaks (i.e., date nights with our hubbies) as well as working breaks, if you will....time to clean, grocery shop, plan for the week, and simply finishing a project that's been on a to-do list for months. A second theme surrounding this idea was how expensive it is to live in the city~including the cost of child care. So.....under the leadership of Tara, we all put our heads together to come up with a plan to make the "breaks" happen... for FREE :-) I'm happy to report that several months later, we have a successful little "co-op" under way. Three Saturday nights every month, one of us "sits" for the other while we get that much needed time with our husband out of the house. It's pretty fantastic because 2 Saturday nights out of the month, I'm either reading my Kindle on my friend's couch while their child quietly sleeps or I'm out on the town with my hubby.This was so successful that we decided to try something similar during the daytime on weekdays. So three afternoons per week, we have a similar rotation. Two moms watch all three kiddos while one mom gets the afternoon to do as she pleases. Again, it's fantastic because three afternoons during the week you'll either find me hanging out with a friend playing with three adorable toddlers or knocking things off my to-do list while my own toddler is in good care :-)
I am so incredibly grateful for this resource, this time, but most importantly~these friendships. Truly a blessing. I share this with you in case our story can inspire other hard-working stay-at-home mamas who may be reading to engage in the same type of "co-operative." I promise, it will not disappoint.
Such a great idea! I totally agree that breaks are at the top of my wish list! A friend and I traded date nights once but we should totally make it a regular thing. And I am so glad you are making such wonderful new friends!
ReplyDeletethat's awesome! such a blessing! :)
ReplyDelete