Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Music!

Judah and I look forward to Friday mornings in Georgetown. We spend it with several other lil munchkins and caregivers.... and the best music teacher around, Ms. Patti! Judah loves his music teacher! Proof: this morning, he ran right to her and hopped in her lap to hug her :-)

The class is through Music Together, a nationally-implemented and research based (this is important to school psychologists and learning theorists like me :-) progam. I was skeptical at first. How can one teacher keep 15+ toddlers entertained for almost an hour? I don't know how she does it, but Judah pays attention (most of the time ;-), has a ball, and is learning music...seriously. I often see/hear him "singing" songs from class while making motions with hands at home all throughout the week. It is sinking in! In addition to singing and dancing, he loves to play the piano and other instruments.

And scarf time might be his favorite :-)
Peek-a-Boo!

Ms. Patti often gets tickled at how serious J-man is about his music. Here's a preview of his "serious sway."

Enjoy your Friday and go make music together!

2 comments:

  1. SO much fun! I need to look into this program. Great dancing, Judah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MY! I would love to see more of the sway! And the scarf!!! xo Judah!!

    ReplyDelete