Happy New Year!
| Most recent family pic, taken on New Year's Eve |
Why the title? Well, I was just thinking of a phrase to describe the purpose of the blog and "All These Things" immediately came to mind, along with one of my favorite Bible verses (Matthew 6:33). Initially, I thought it was too simple--besides, all-these-things may be three of the most commonly used words in the English language. However, what it signifies to me is actually very complex. You see, in this world it is so easy to get swept away by turning to anything but God when you're faced with decisions. There's Google, Facebook, Twitter, texting, coffee talk with the girls...you get the point. Not that any of those things are inherently bad but I've been guilty of overusing those things and "underusing" God...know what I mean? One (big) area of my life that I am so grateful for seeking God first for is when Jeff and I decided to expand our family. Although it may have taken us a while to take the leap into the adoption world, we sought Him and trusted His righteousness with each decision. I believe that it's because of that seeking that we've been blessed with the most amazing child and this precious story. All these things have been added unto us, and by things I don't mean anything of material/worldly worth. It's the eternal things that really matter~like love that makes your heart ache, faith that can move mountains, and joy that permeates your soul. I hope each of you (if anyone is still reading) had an amazing holiday, including a fabulous New Year. We certainly did, and I'll tell you all about it on my next post. Stay tuned...
Love the new title! And the new pics are adorable! Hope y'all are doing well!
ReplyDeleteLove the blog update!! Precious pictures! Happy New Year to ya'll!
ReplyDeleteLike the blog update..I need to do mine too. Judah is so cute!
ReplyDeleteI could eat Judah up!!! I love this picture of him. Can't wait to see you two next Tuesday!
ReplyDelete