Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Southern Tour Finale

Part 3 of our Southern Tour ended in Kentucky during Thanksgiving week, where Judah met met friends and family.
Judah meeting our dear friends, the Yezerski's!
Meeting the Cunningham family
Loves his Aunt Vickie!
Meeting his Great-Granddaddy

Meeting the extended family for the first time was a hit for Judah...another great hit was new food! Until Thanksgiving, Judah was a vegetarian. We finally introduced meat on Thanksgiving...with turkey, of course!

The anticipation

Wasn't too sure initially

Lovin' it in the end

Turkey and Daddy's kisses...double bonus!

Overall, we had a wonderful time in Kentucky. Despite a few items left in a restaurant and a broken handle on our stroller (thanks Southwest!), we returned home rested and healthy...and most importantly THANKFUL. What a beautiful time of year to remember all of the things we are grateful for. This time last year, we were still waiting on our referral and had never seen a picture of our sweet baby's face. In fact, we didn't even know if we would have a baby by this Thanksgiving.
I could have never imagined the amazing gift of Judah Wells Nix. We are honored and humbled to be the parents of this angel.  As I rocked precious Judah to sleep and placed him in his crib on Thanksgiving night, I sobbed tears of joy, gratitude, and amazement. "I thank my God every time I remember you..."

1 comment: