Our baby boy had half of a birthday on Saturday...that's right, Judah Wells Nix is now 6 months old! When I briefly become sad about how fast time is flying by and how quickly he is growing up, I am reminded to be thankful that we were able to celebrate his six months of life TOGETHER as a family of three. I am thankful that I am touching his soft skin, hearing his laughter, and smelling his sweet scent. I am thankful that within two months of meeting him, he knows I am Mommy and Jeff is Daddy. I am thankful that he looks to us for assurance when in doubt. I am thankful that he is strong, alert, and very inquisitive. I am thankful that he eats well and makes lots of noises when doing so. I am thankful that he sleeps through the night and still takes multiple naps during the day. I am thankful for all of the "firsts" that we've gotten to experience because we met him at such a young age~something we never thought we would be blessed to see, due to the nature of adoption. Here are just a few highlights of the firsts:
Rolling over
Sitting up
Eating cereal
Eating first veggies
Attending church for the first time
Making raspberries with his lips...since he discovered this sound, it's nonstop! More video to come...
Hopefully Judah will thank us one day for his 6-month birthday present....attending his first college football game, featuring the National Champions~Mommy and Daddy's alma mater, The University of Alabama! Unfortunately, it was not on UA's beautiful campus (tailgating on the Quad will have to happen when he's a little older :-), but the Tide rolled onto Duke's campus, which happens to be 15 minutes from our house in North Carolina. It was super hot on Saturday with no shade in the stadium, so we only stayed until half-time...appropriate for his half-birthday I guess:-).
 |
| All decked out in crimson and ready to head to the game at Duke |
 |
| KK and MeMe (my BFF's, Nancy, mom) join us for the game! |
 |
| Judah and Daddy in front of Duke Chapel |
LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT 6 MONTHS, LITTLE MAN!
Love the pic of him sitting up in his diaper - too cute!!!
ReplyDeleteHe is just precious Ginger! I'm sure he's even moreso in person! XOXO little Judah!
ReplyDelete