Thursday, July 9, 2009

Meet Jackson


Hi! My name is Jackson and as you can see, I was adopted by Kim Windsor (Ginger's mom and Baby E's grandmother). Mrs. Kim (actually, I call her KK like the other grandchildren) is on the Board of Directors of The Exchange Club Family Skills Center located in Birmingham, Alabama. About one year ago, this wonderful organization held a silent auction where bears like me could be adopted. At that time, KK knew that adoption was definitely on the hearts and minds of Ginger and Jeff. KK thought that she would adopt a bear that would one day be in the arms of her adopted grandchild. My bear friends were all adorable and dressed in all sorts of attire, but I suppose KK chose me because I aspire to be a doctor, just like Jeff (KK's son-in-law and Baby E's father). I secretly lived at KK's house for many months (don't worry, she took good care of me!). When Ginger and Jeff told KK they were adopting, I was given to them as their first gift. Since then, Ginger and Jeff have told me all about their journey to their baby and I cannot wait to meet Baby E! Jeff also has given me several tips on how to become a doctor, but I'm beginning to wonder if I want to go to school for that long and work those long hours! For now, I am just enjoying hanging out in Baby E's room and anxiously awaiting the arrival of him/her. The coolest thing is that I get to listen when Baby E's mom and dad come into the room, get down on their knees, and pray for Baby E. Baby E, I know that God is watching over you.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I can finally post a comment!!!
    I love Jackson, how appropriate! I also love you, Jeff and Baby E! You and Jeff are absolutely amazing and I know God has amazing things in store for y'all and Baby E! The Keene's are praying for Baby E and Mommy and Daddy!
    Love ya!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww -- I love Jackson's story! I am sooo excited for all of you and continue to thank God for this precious gift. I am so excited that the paperwork process is pretty much over and we can get excited about the next step! Love you!!! - Ames

    ReplyDelete