Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dear Baby E

To our precious child,
Your father and I have been thinking about you so much lately. I've been having strong feelings for the past two weeks that you have recently been conceived. I have been praying especially for your birth mother, and I know that others reading this will pray along with me. I thank her so much for the life she will give to us, but my heart already grieves for her loss. I pray that she is surrounded by people who love and support her. Our God promises us that He ["created our inmost being and knit us together in our mother's wombs"] (Psalm 139:13). Although you are not in my womb, you are certainly in my heart each and every day.
Love, Mommy

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful letter, Ginge! Baby E is so blessed to have the best Mommy!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan Hicks HowellAugust 4, 2009 at 9:15 AM

    This is the most inspiring, touching, compassionate letter that I have ever read. I am so very excited for you and Jeff, and will pray for you every step of the way. Our lives are filled with so many secular things throughout the day, it is so hard to actually slow down and "listen" to what God is really instructing you to do. I am so happy to know that you and Jeff are experiencing such an amazing blessing, and wish you all of my love and support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ginger! Just recently I've been following your blog (saw the link on Margaret's) and I'm just amazed at the stories of adoption from Ethiopia. Your heart for your little one is beautiful and the acknowledgement of loss for the mother is an incredible gift to her. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the child God chooses to give you! Thank you for sharing this journey with all of us. Truly inspirational! I'm praying for you as you wait.

    ReplyDelete