Friday, June 26, 2009

The First Purchase

I can't tell you how many times I've been tempted to buy "baby things" over the past three years. Well, I've actually bought a lot of adorable baby items over that time frame, but always for other people. So many times shopping for other moms-to-be, I've wanted to purchase something for our baby. I've refrained...until NOW!
I've had my eye on this rug for a long time, actually. Along with other rugs, it's been hanging on a wall in our church for quite some time. Every time I saw it, I couldn't help but think how great it would be in a nursery. Since we decided we are adopting from Africa, I knew I had to have it. Not only is it adorable, but it has special meaning.
Our church has a global partnership with ministries in Nairobi, Kenya--including Beacon of Hope (BOH). This rug was lovingly made by women involved with the BOH ministry. BOH is a faith- and community-based non-governmental organization, sharing the love of Christ in a practical way. The mission of BOH is to bring hope to women living with and affected by HIV/AIDS within poor communities by empowering and equipping them to meet their spiritual, physical, emotional, and economic needs. Find out more about the ministry here.
We hope you like it, Baby E! So far this is our only purchase and probably will be for a while, but I hear that's not the case for your grandmothers!

3 comments:

  1. I love the rug. I also love the spirt of "helping" that this first project represents. I am sure I will make much more frivolous purchases, but I know that you will "bear" with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys-
    We just heard the news and my dad forwarded us a link to your blog. We are SO SO SO EXCITED for you guys!!!! You both know our hearts for adoption and we are thrilled that the Lord has directed your hearts in the same way! We would love to talk...the waiting is hard, but SO worth it!!! Love ya'll! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keith forwarded this to me. I have prayed for the will of God in your lives since I spoke to your mom at a wedding in Sylacauga. Know that we will be lifting you up as you walk this precious path. Your steps are ordained by the One Who is Sovereign and has planned this from the foundations of the world. I can tell through your writing how this experience has caused deep growth and walk with our Lord. Praise Him for how He uses life to cause us to know Him more. I love you sweet Ginger. You and Jeff and baby E will be in our hearts and prayers. Love, Teresa Pugh <><

    ReplyDelete