Thursday, November 3, 2011

Lion Feet and Halloween Week

I trust that all of you had a happy, wacky, spooky, sugar-filled, fun Halloween! I'm not much into Halloween, but I do admit that I had tons of fun dressing up my little lion and teaching him trick-or-treat etiquette....and eating some candy myself :-)

Our week began with "Boo at the Zoo" the weekend before Halloween! The National Zoo in DC has this event every year, and we will be returning for as long as we're here :-) It was a great way to get our family in the Halloween spirit (no pun intended). A trip to the zoo with treat stations and hundreds of cute little people in costume...fun! 

This is how Judah began the evening because he didn't want to wear his costume....

And this is post-zoo...guess the candy helped??.....

And do you see those lion feet?! He was terrified of them, but we snuck them on him during the gorilla exhibit at the zoo...sneaky Mama and Dada :-) 


He was very interested in the other children's costumes...

And this is was his favorite way to travel...

There weren't many animals out and about due to the cool evening and several zoo renovations, but Judah seemed just as happy with the fake ones...

He picked up the concept of trick or treating much better than I thought he would...

Because of that, our nutrition rules went out the window on Halloween...for the entire week.

At the end of our night at the zoo, we saw a Zebra on the way out. Judah loved seeing his black and white stripes...

And telling him "night night".......

On Halloween evening, we had more fun at a local park getting more treats and enjoying the playground as a lion :-) 
My dear friend, Susan, was in town and Judah had a blast with her!

Judah was most interested in the decor...pumpkins and balloons galore!

The evening was topped off with a little trick-or-treating at a few houses in our nieghborhood...just so he could get the hang of it :-)

By this time, he really had the candy in the pumpkin ("pumpeen") thing down....

Family pic in front of our neighborhood haunted house. The spooky eyes were not planned...just iphone camera quality!

And here's one attempt of Judah and his some of his sweetest girlfriends, Marilyn and Wren. Again, more poor iphone camera quality at night, but just pretend I tried to make this one "Instagram style." 

So as you can see, the lion headpiece never made it on Judah's head. We were lucky to get the bodysuit and feet on without meltdowns. Oh well, his little 'fro was a great mane substitute and we had a blast this Halloween!

Happy November Y'all!

4 comments:

  1. I think it was a successful Halloween! I love the trip to the zoo, what a neat idea! Judah made a precious lion...and those lion feet are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures. That one of his lion feet is hilarious--so cute that they scared him. As always, he's one insanely adorable child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ginger...that lion picture where judah is smiling might be the cutest thing i have ever seen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red bow on his lion tail! :) He was definitely a cute little lion even without the head piece. Ezra hated the head pieces too. maybe next year! :)

    ReplyDelete