Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Granma & Pop Visit DC!

As you've probably figured out by now, this blog is in no way close to "real time." Life is busy and I'm lucky to get to a couple of posts per month. I honestly don't see how you avid blogger-moms do it...especially those of you with multiples! That's the long way of saying this post is late. :-)

Jeff's parents came to visit us the week of Labor Day...the first visit since they helped us move in. Since we didn't get to enjoy the city together when they were here before (thanks to continuous unpacking of boxes), we made the most of it this time!

Visiting monuments.

**Tourism Note: The new MLK Monument is a must-see. The structure and location are just beautiful.

Definitely holds a special place in my heart. Although God and God alone made it possible for Judah to be our son~one of His children, MLK, had a role in making it possible. Here I am just after telling this to Judah. He's taking it all in while Mama's fighting back tears. 

Next stop, another one of my DC favorites, National Gallery of Art:
Where we got to see Venus on her first trip (and last day) to the U.S. So cool! I tried to post a more modest picture. :-)
We didn't stay too long in the Gallery, thanks to Judah pointing to naked statues and saying, "PeePee."  Nice.

We all enjoyed the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. Here are my two J's practicing "Roll Tide!"

Primo view of the Dinos!

Wow!

This museum had a special "Race" exhibit that was fascinating. Could have stayed in there for hours, but after all this moving by little J close to his nap time, it was time to go. I do have to show you the first thing you see when you enter: "We All Came from Africa..." Judah loved the map on the floor and I think we got some frame-able shots!

Can you tell he knows Africa ("Acka")?!

We also took some time to have fun at the playground and the "Playseum" when it rained (an awesome indoor play place).


We relaxed at home, too...but just a little :-)

Granma & Pop, we had a blast! We love you and hope you come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment