Judah-bean, here are 18 fun facts all about YOU!
1. You are a sleepy-head. Not only do you sleep a lot, but you take your sweet time getting up, resting in your crib forever with your morning coffee (milk :-) and books.
2. Speaking of...you love books. You yell "mo!" (more) every time I finish reading you one...even when it's bed time and you can't seem to hold your eyes open.
3. You eat all by yourself; our help is not wanted. You still eat with your fingers occasionally, but you're pretty good with your spoon and fork. Regardless, you do not want your father or I to intervene with your eating. It is serious business.
| This is what happens when you eat yogurt by yourself, then I try to intervene. |
5. You can do a forward roll and think it's fantastic. Future gymnast?
6. You love it when Mama and Dada kiss and will spontaneously, forcefully, and repetitively push our heads together while making your kiss face/sound. And if you see us hugging, you run and bear-hug our legs. You are just so affectionate and I hope that stays for a while!
7.You are a toy-hoarder. When you see another toddler friend playing with something of interest, you just walk right up to them and take it-even if you have 15 other toys in your hand. We are working on this.
8. Your latest obsession is anything that moves...trucks ("tuck"), airplanes ("sky"), trains ("choo choo") and helicopter ("cocker") really are the only things that matter these days.
9. You are very social and wave at everyone. You get upset when they do not wave back.
10. You are rarely thirsty (especially for milk) and many days I feel I'm begging you to drink something. However, you drink with ease every time Daddy requests.
11. You're borderline obsessed with your new red Crocs...thanks Granma!
12. You love babies ("bebe") and are super concerned when they cry. You carry on about your business, however, when I tell you ("Baby's okay").
13. You are getting really attached to your pacifier ("papis") and I am regretting not taking it away from you about 6 months ago when you were not as interested. I think we have a tough battle ahead of us.
14. Almost daily, we have a Dance/Sing Party thanks to Pandora Toddler Radio :-)
15. When you get sleepy, Mama and Dada become a "Bennifer" of sorts...aka ("Mada" and my favorite "Dama"). Hopefully, others do not think you are cursing :-)
16. No matter how much we clean, one can always find sand in our house. No, we do not live near the beach. However, we do live by the coolest playground with the coolest sandbox...you just can't resist.
17. Potty-training may be in our near future. About 60% of the time you tell me when you "peepee" and "poopoo" in your diaper when it is happening or immediately after...then proceed to sit/walk awkwardly when #2 happens. Sometimes you try to "wipe" during diaper changes...this usually does not turn out so well. You cannot be old enough for this?!
18. And our most favorite thing...you encourage us to pray. Literally. You LOVE our family prayers around the table (usually before mealtimes). Your signal for praying is holding your hands out on either side and bowing your head (eyes always open though :-). You remind us this way when we forget and sometimes request to pray when you are upset to make things all better. It is the sweetest.
Well, next time I write "18 on the 18th," it will mean you are graduating high school. I'm thankful the 18 is months instead of years, and most days I wish I could make time stand still. Judah Wells Nix, you are my heart!

ginger...
ReplyDeletei mean seriously...what a doll you have! i love these posts with fun judah facts because it makes me feel like i know judah so much better then i sadly really do :( also, asher calls his paci his "papis" too...and he too is totally addicted. he is only allowed to have his for naps and night, but he stands at his crib all day long asking for his "papis." i dread the day we have to say goodbye to the paci...i fear he'll no longer sleep :) we need to catch up soon!!!
Precious! Loved the "Bennifer" reference. Ha ha!
ReplyDelete