"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."
Although I don't have the best of voices, it was that sweet song that soothed and brought smiles to my precious boy during his first year of life. So when I thought about the "theme" of his first birthday party, that is what immediately came to mind. It also helps that his favorite colors are orange and yellow! Okay, he didn't tell me that but that sure is what he always gravitates toward :-) Jeff and I went back and forth whether or not we wanted to have an actual party for Judah's birthday or keep it quiet and simple with just the three of us. After much thought, we decided to go all out. After all,
I LOVE birthdays....and with the impending move out of our home as well as North Carolina, we thought it would be nice for Judah to share a day with all of our friends here who have made Carolina our home and celebrated every step of our journey to Judah. Additionally, Judah rarely gets to see his grandparents, so having all four together at his party was very special. So....thanks to
Etsy, ideas from other blogs, and a very crafty mother-in-law, we had a heck of a yellow and orange "bright" celebration!
 |
Welcome to the party!
|
 |
| We've got cupcakes |
 |
| Plenty of orange and yellow food... |
 |
| And drinks :-) |
 |
| Love the banner, made by my mother-in-law |
 |
| Our guests received little clay pots of yellow flowers |
 |
| We were so fortunate to have pictures of Judah from every month since he was 6 weeks old |
And what's a birthday party without cake?! And especially the "smash cake" for Judah's first! It was so cute... wish I could say that I made it but I didn't :-(...we did make the cupcakes though!
 |
| Sunshine of Sugar! |
 |
| Hmm...what's this?! |
 |
| Make a wish! |
 |
| Testing, testing... |
 |
| So curious but still not sure |
 |
| Daddy shows him how it's done! |
 |
| Now we're talkin'! |
 |
| Taking "smash" literally :-) |
 |
| Would you believe he shared some with Allie?! |
 |
| As well as his hair?! |
By the way, all of these pics were taken by Kate at
Craven Creative Photo and Design. They turned out great and it was so nice to enjoy and experience every minute of the party instead of worry about getting all of the perfect snapshots. One idea I stole from a blog is to have a "photo booth" of sorts where everyone at the party could get their picture made with the guest of honor...here are some of my favorites...
 |
| Just hangin with his best buddy Wyatt |
 |
| And with his other best buddy, Carson |
 |
| Mesmerized by Maddie |
 |
| with the Coward's...now there's a new addition...his smallest friend, Caden |
And I just love this one with his KK making him smile :-)
We were very blessed to have one last hoorah in our North Carolina home...and for what better reason than celebrating our precious son's first year of life?! I'll leave you with my favorite black and whites from the day. Looking forward to years and years of birthdays with you, sweet Judah!
Oh.My.Word! These are beautiful, Ginger!!
ReplyDeletebeautiful ginger!!!!!! now if only our boys could celebrate their birthdays together :(
ReplyDeleteAww, such a wonderful birthday party. You out did yourself! I love the photo booth idea! :)
ReplyDeleteAdorable! When is his actual b day? Zach turned one last week, too!
ReplyDeletestop. the. cuteness!!!! :) what a special day and i'm so impressed with your party. it was gorgeous!! he really is one of the most precious little boys i've ever seen.
ReplyDelete