But So Much to Do! Our court date is Tuesday and if all goes well, we may be leaving for Ethiopia in a few short weeks! One million thoughts must go through my mind every second. When are our travel dates? What airline/route will we take? Can we withstand the significant time change, change in diet, etc.? Where will we stay? What will it be like to walk the streets of Addis? Will my heart hold up when we meet other orphans? When will we meet Judah for the first time? What will it be like to hold him? To touch him? To kiss his sweet face? How will all of us do on the plane ride home?! I've wanted to share so many thoughts, feelings, and stories on our blog within the past few weeks, but getting ready for our little man has taken precedence. Here is a glimpse of what we've been up to:
School is out (for the students) here in North Carolina and Monday is my last of work for a while, so trying to wrap up things there has been quite the adventure. I've been writing psychological reports until the wee hours of the morning each night...big fun. If you're wondering, I am a school psychologist and this is part of my job that needs to be completed after I work with students.
The nursery is slowly but surely coming together, but we still have a little work to do. Can't wait to post the pics of the final product!
My husband is going through the interview process for an oncology fellowship that will take place after he completes his urology residency next year. He's just recently wrapped up all of his interviews and our rank list was due to the match program this past Thursday. The process has been quite intense...good timing, right? Anyways, we find out on June 30th where we will be living 2011-2014. I hope Judah (and Jeff and I) are okay with the result!
Because we will be moving from North Carolina in one year, we will be putting our house on the market in the spring. Some major things need to take place before that happens, such as re-carpeting a couple of rooms and painting several rooms. We've crazily decided to try and get this done before our trip to Africa, so Judah can enjoy his stay here for several months without living through re-painting and re-carpeting. So....carpet is being installed next week and hopefully, we will be painting soon...although I think we're running out of time!
Oh, and the fun part, all of the many showers for Judah in North Carolina and Alabama that have either already taken place or will be happening in the next few weeks. This baby is soooo loved by so many people already, and I can't wait to share pictures of all of the wonderful celebrations!
For now, I've got to get back to writing those psych reports. If I can just hang on for a few more days, it will be nice to not have to think about work for a while. A huge THANK YOU to everyone who has been and will continue to pray for us through this exciting and busy time. Hopefully we will "pass court" on Tuesday and you'll be able to see his sweet face on the next blog post!!!
Came over from my friends blog, Lovin' Much. You all are in an exciting place! We are adopting from Ethiopia as well, but very early on. It is a joy to read your blog and know what we have to look forward to. Very excited for you guys! Praise the Lord!
ReplyDeleteHoping for great news for your family on Tuesday!!!! SOOOOooooo Exciting:)
ReplyDeleteBrenda
Oh, I can't wait to see his sweet face!! Praying ya'll pass court this Tuesday! SO exciting!!
ReplyDeleteYou don't happen to work for GCS do you, I think you might know my neighbor! :) We're in Greensboro & are on the wait list for a little boy from Ethiopia! I hope y'all pass court on Tuesday!!!!
ReplyDelete