Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankful

Thanksgiving took on a whole new meaning this year. Perhaps it's because this may be our last Thanksgiving as a family of 2. Perhaps it's because the blessing of becoming parents is closer than ever before. Perhaps it's because of the immense amount of God's grace that has sustained us this past year. I think it's all of these things...and for these things, I am grateful. I am also grateful for the peace God has granted us on this road to parenthood. I am grateful for our marriage and how our journey to Baby E has strengthened our love for one another more than we could ever imagine. And most of all, I am grateful for the gift of family, for it is truly that...a gift.

Jeff's family came to visit us this Thanksgiving, and we celebrated twice in one week with two very different meals! In honor of Baby E, we had dinner Wednesday night at a local Ethiopian restaurant, before our traditional Thanksgiving meal on Thursday. Baby E's Grandma, Pop, and Uncle Trent enjoyed the many wonderful tastes of Ethiopian cuisine~including Injera, Yedoro watt, and Minchetabish. (More info to come on the fantastic flavors of Ethiopia, as well as the fun way it is eaten! You can get a glimpse of it here :-)


Of course we topped it off with the traditional Ethiopian coffee ceremony. It is so very yummy...even Grandma (who dislikes all coffee) tried it!

And while we are on the topic of thanking, I'd like to thank Grandma Nix for Baby E's cute new burp cloth that she made. Who says you can't receive monogrammed gifts before you have an official name?!

No comments:

Post a Comment