November is National Adoption Month, so in the spirit of celebrating adoption I'd like to spotlight our agency, Gladney, and how wonderful they have been. We were initially drawn to our agency for their strong traditions and dedication to the adoption cause, both domestically and internationally. Gladney is truly a pioneer and has been working for over 120 years to support children, adoptive families, and birth parents. Their heritage is very interesting, which you can read more about here. In addition to their rich history, we were also drawn to their supportive nature, which has not only been evident in the beginning stages of the adoption process but will continue long after we bring Baby E home. We have joined our local Gladney Family Association (GFA) and are looking forward to growing even closer to our Gladney family. We recently attended a GFA event in Raleigh where we met several wonderful Gladney families and also had conversations with Gladney's President, Frank Garrott, who flew in from Texas. It was very encouraging to hear first-hand information about the future of Gladney, specifically their vision of continuing humanitarian aid all around the world for years to come.

With Gladney's President, October 2009
In support of our agency and National Adoption Month, please remember Gladney if you happen to purchase items next weekend at Barnes & Noble. Present this flyer or mention the code 1007 6420, and proceeds from the sale will be donated to Gladney. Happy shopping!

Will do...need a new book and can't think of a better reason to go get one.
ReplyDeleteHey Jeff and Ginger! Just came upon your blog and am so excited to hear about your adoption! Andy and I had begun filling out papers when we got pregnant with Ryder but we are still planning on adopting one day and I literally can't wait! I'm excited to follow y'alls journey! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYou make me want to choose Gladney!! I love the heart they have for orphans.
ReplyDelete